You Know You're a Redneck Gardener When....
I just had to save this LOL thread from the Southern Gardening Forum...it goes with our Compost Wackos thread. Enjoy...
* Posted by Eddie_GA_7A (My Page) on Sun, Mar 14, 04 at 14:02
You Know You're A Redneck Gardener When......
...you edge your flower bed with beer bottles.
* Posted by: Feather_Inc z8 AR (My Page) on Sun, Mar 14, 04 at 21:19
hahahaha, there was a big discussion about edging a flower bed with empty wine bottles on junk gardening the other day.
* Posted by: WannaBGardener 8b & 4a (My Page) on Mon, Mar 15, 04 at 9:52
...you sit your old comode (toilet) on the front lawn and plant petunias in the tank. Then chain your old coon dog to it and let him use the bowl for his water dish. Very up scale. :-)
* Posted by: CheriG22 FL Z9 (My Page) on Tue, Mar 16, 04 at 7:31
...you cut v-shaped chunks out of tire rims, turn them inside out, fill it with dirt and grow tomatoes in them.....they look like crowns, and some folks even paint them white to make them purty!
* Posted by: ccoombs1 7B SC (My Page) on Tue, Mar 16, 04 at 12:12
Another fine use for those old tires...cut them in half, paint them white, and edge your drive way with them! Lovely!
* Posted by: nature_lover_ga Thomaston Ga.z7 (My Page) on Tue, Mar 16, 04 at 14:38
...you convert your junked conversion van into a greenhouse.
* Posted by: BDnBAMA 7/Alabama (My Page) on Tue, Mar 16, 04 at 15:16
...you move your refrigerator and the grass underneath it is yellow
* Posted by: heather_arch 8NC (My Page) on Wed, Mar 17, 04 at 12:34
...you cut those tires in half and line a couple up in a row - looks something like the Loch Ness Monster. (white paint is optional)
* Posted by: Rosie NE Georgia 7A/B (My Page) on Wed, Mar 17, 04 at 23:10
...you use your clippers to turn the old water heater into the perfect planter.
* Posted by: TSmith2579 Z7B/8A-Alabama ) on Wed, Mar 17, 04 at 23:26
You know you're a redneck gardener when...
...you plant the driveway and sidewalk beds with collards and poke (sallet) weeds.
...you run out of drinking glasses during canning season.
* Posted by: Dieter2NC z7b NC (My Page) on Sat, Mar 20, 04 at 22:10
...you think a spatunia is for used 'backy juice ...you think fertilizer is an awful fancy word for what you clean out of the barn.
...you dont get around to canning because you value your 'shine in those jars more than any amount of canned okra.
* Posted by: DaisyMae43 Alabama (My Page) on Tue, Mar 23, 04 at 18:55
...your favorite dish is okry 'n maters
* Posted by: TSmith2579 Z7B/8A-Alabama ) on Wed, Mar 24, 04 at 16:12
...your garden "to-do" list starts "fill a cooler with ice and beer".
...you always attempt to identify people who come into your garden before shooting at them.
...you know it is time to change the bed sheets when they are the color of you compost pile.
...the centerpiece of your dining table is that armadillo you shot last summer.
...your choice of a wedding gift is enough veggies to make...