What is a Misco or Misco type pot and where do you get them?

michigoose(Z5OH)January 1, 2013

A Misco or Misco-type pot is a plastic, self-watering pot often used for semi-hydro (s/h) growing with orchids. Misco is a brand name, hence, there are others out there without the Misco name. The pot is basically composed of two parts, the upper part with holes which inserts into a lower section which serves as the reservoir. The reservoir is filled from an opening on the outside of the pot.

Misco and Misco-type pots are readily available at most garden shops and discount stores.
Image by: Donna Phillips
Misco or Misco-type pot

Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
When should I water my orchids?
When to water will vary based on type of orchid and...
What is EOoM or EOM?
EOom or EOM is an acronym for Exotic Orchids of Maui,...
What is the sticky stuff on my orchid? What is Honeydew?
Sticky stuff (also known as Honeydew) is often found...
What is bud blast?
All of a sudden...you discover that your once plump...
I Bought an Orchid, now what?
Congratulations and welcome to the world of orchids!...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™