Winter Sowing Seed Exchange ~ Your email is blocked--whatzat?
Many thanks are extended to hoehum for this explanation about GW posts and reply emails. hoehum posted this information on the WS Exchange in early January, 2005.
Ive met several newbies who did not understand what was meant by YOUR EMAIL IS BLOCKED and didnt know what to do about it. Thought it would help if I explained it here.
****What does "YOUR EMAIL IS BLOCKED" mean?
* A trader who starts a new thread sets it up so that all the posts are emailed directly to the trader. This makes it easy to respond simply by opening his email and using the reply button to contact the poster. When your email is blocked, the trader receives this message: "PLEASE NOTE: The member responding to your post has chosen not to reveal his or her email address. Therefore, you cannot reply to this message via email." If the trader hits reply, the message will be returned as undeliverable.
++++What can you DO about it?
1. At the top and bottom of every forum page is a clickable link to "MEMBER SERVICES". Click it.
2. From the menu, choose "Edit Your Page and Preferences" (for security, you may be asked to log in again) 3. Scroll past the blue and green sections to the pink/orange section -=-If no boxes are checked, no one can contact you.
-=-If only the 1st box is checked, your email is BLOCKED. We can contact you only by emailing you from your page. (Usually we can reply after you reply to us but not always.) -=-If the 1st AND 2nd boxes are checked, your email is no longer blocked.
====I WANT my email blocked AND I want to be able to TRADE or SASE
1. After you post to the thread, go back to the same thread and click on the traders name.
2. On the traders page, click Send me an email 3. In the email, explain that your email is blocked, include YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS and YOUR GARDENWEB NAME (so they recognize you from your post).
+++How can I CHECK it?
1 Go to the Test Forum and start a new thread. Make sure you check the box "Check here if you would like copies of follow-ups to your message emailed to you." Its right below the message area.
2 Post to your own thread.
3 Check your email.
Thank you hoehum!